About the Mission of Active Rest Ministries and Mark Beatty
About Active Rest Ministries
Our main mission is to offer unique and linguistically cutting edge training in exegetical methodology to those who want details and accurate understanding of the original Greek language of the New Testament, and/or the Greek translation of the Old Testament.
Active Rest includes the research and ministry activities of Mark Beatty. His articles on linguistics, Greek, Vietnamese, and other subjects are available to anyone who might benefit.
Mark Beatty's ministry activities primarily have been teaching Greek at various Bible Colleges and Seminaries. He is working on developing online classes in Greek Exegesis and would like to start teaching seminars at churches around Hawaii and beyond. The online classes should be available sometime in the Fall of 2014 and should be available world wide.
About Mark Beatty
Educational Background of Mark Beatty, MA, THM, PHD, MBA, JD:
• Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Hawaii at Manoa: June 2003.
• Master of Business Administration from the University of Hawaii at Manoa: August 2002.
• Doctorate of Philosophy in Humanities from the University of Texas at Arlington: May 2001. Dissertation: The Mechanics and Motivation of Greek Word Order.
• Master of Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary: August 1993.
• Master of Arts in Linguistics from the University of Texas at Arlington: May 1990. Master’s Thesis: Vietnamese Phrase Structure.
• Diploma in the Basic Course in the Russian Language from Defense Language Institute: February 1990.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Intercultural Studies from Biola University: May 1982.
Select Job Experience of Mark Beatty, MA, THM, PHD, MBA, JD:
• January 1994 to May 1997. College Dean at International College and Graduate School. Experience also included a vast variety of other duties to include registrar (one year), book store manager (one year), and instructor of Biblical Greek, World Religions, and English as a Second Language which included using instructional methodology related to language learning. Highlights of my administrative duties included building a team by recruiting and training quality instructors.
• January 2007-2011: Greek Professor at Pacific Rim Bible College and Hawaii Theological Seminary.
• Presently have finished 2/3 of an approximately 350 page book tentatively entitled Time and Aspect in the Greek Verb. A theme of my book is finding alternate linguistic analysis and pedagogical methods to help promote use of language skills.
Other Interesting facts about Mark Beatty
• Fluent in Vietnamese, Conversant in Russian
• Lives in Hawaii
• Likes to sail in Kaneohe Bay
• Married with three children